Tonight, on Gruesome Magazine episode 317, the Grue-Crew review THE FOUND FOOTAGE PHENOMENON (2022). Doc Rotten from Horror News Radio, Jeff Mohr from Decades of Horror: The Classic Era, Crystal Cleveland, the Livin6Dead6irl from Decades of Horror: 1980s, Lead News Writer at Gruesome Magazine Dave Dreher, and award-winning filmmaker Christopher G. Moore share their thoughts about this week’s frightening collection of streaming horror films.
Warning: possible spoilers after the initial impressions!
THE FOUND FOOTAGE PHENOMENON (2022)
The Found Footage Phenomenon is an independent documentary charting the origins of the found footage sub-genre, tracking it through to the technique’s current form, and asking what the future is.
- Available Streaming on SHUDDER on May 19, 2022
- Director: Sarah Appleton, Phillip Escott
- Writer: Sarah Appleton, Phillip Escott
- Cast: Eduardo Sanchez (The Blair Witch Project), Andre Ovredal (Troll Hunter), Derek Lee & Clif Prowse (Afflicted), Dean Aioto (Alien Abduction), Stefan Avalos (The Last Broadcast), Patrick Brice (Creep), Steven DeGennaro (Found Footage 3D), James Cullen Bressack (Hate Crime), Aislinn Clarke (The Devil’s Doorway), Ruggero Deodato (Cannibal Holocaust), Michael Goi (Megan is Missing), Lesley Manning (Ghostwatch), Doron & Yoav Paz (Jeruzalem), Richard Raaphorst (Frankenstein’s Army)
- Gruesome Magazine Website
- YouTube Channel (Subscribe Today!)
- Facebook Group:
- Doc, Facebook:
- Crystal, Facebook:
- Crystal, Instagram:
- Jeff, Facebook:
- Dave, Facebook: