Here’s a classic title you hardly ever hear about – the 1981 Jamie Lee Curtis vehicle Road Games will be getting the royal treatment from Scream Factory – and they are really loading this release up!
Directed by Richard Franklin – who also gave us Psycho II – Jamie Lee Curtis plays a hitchhiker – Stacy Keach is a truck driver – there’s a serial killer driving around in a van – they all meet up and well – madness ensues. If you’ve never seen it – you should, and no better way to catch up with this one than with this kick-ass Collector’s Edition release. Get a load of the special features announced.
- NEW Australian Long Haul – an interview with actor Stacy Keach
- NEW audio commentary with cinematographer Vincent Monton, production coordinator Helen Watts and costume designer Aphrodite Kondos, moderated by filmmaker Mark Hartley
- NEW 1980 script read with producer/director Richard Franklin and actors Stacy Keach and Marion Edwards
- NEW composer Brian May music demos accompanied by stills and poster gallery
- Audio Commentary with producer/director Richard Franklin
- Kangaroo Hitchcock: The Making of ROAD GAMES – featuring interviews with director Richard Franklin and actor Stacey Keach
- Extended interviews from Mark Hartley’s documentary Not Quite Hollywood featuring Jamie Lee Curtis, Stacy Keach, director Richard Franklin, Stunt Coordinator Grant Page, screenwriter Everett De Roche, cinematographer Vincent Monton and assistant director Tom Burstall
- Lecture on the making of Road Games with Richard Franklin, co-producer Barbi Taylor & composer Brian May, introduced by critic Tom Ryan.
- Profile on Richard Franklin (1981)
- Audio Interview with Richard Franklin (2001)
- Audio Interview with actor Stacy Keach (2016)
- Audio Interview with stunt coordinator & actor Grant Page (2016)
- Gallery of stills, Production Shots, Storyboards, Newspaper Reviews, Promotional & Artwork Materials
- Theatrical Trailer
I love it when they load their discs up like that. This one hits shelves on Nov. 12th.