James Wan has a big week in horror news with the announcement that he will produce the U.S. version of TRAIN TO BUSAN, that THE NUN is the highest grossing Conjuring Universe film, and that ANNABELLE 3 has found its lead. The Grue-Crew review HELL FEST, the new slasher film that launches the Halloween season for 2018. Join Dave Dreher, Doc Rotten, Christopher G. Moore, and Vanessa Thompson as we discuss Horror News of the Week and review the latest horror offerings.
- HNR Is brought to you by the generous contributions to our Patreon account
Thank you to our patrons
- SHUDDER 30 DAY FREE TRIAL: Use Promo Code GRUESOME
- WOMEN IN HORROR FILM FESTIVAL: October 4 – 7, Atlanta, Georgia
- SPLATTERFLIX FILM SERIES: October 12 – 14, 2018, Durham, North Carolina
- HALLOWEENAPALOOZA: October 12 – 13, 2018, Ottumwa, Iowa
- NIGHTMARES FILM FESTIVAL: October 18-21, 2018, Columbus, Ohio
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK
- Eli Roth’s HISTORY OF HORROR is headed our way this Halloween season
- James Wan will produce the US remake of TRAIN TO BUSAN
- Set aside Valentine’s Day 2019 for HAPPY DEATH DAY 2U
- No more horror films from David Cronenberg?
- FRIDAY THE 13th Writer wins laws suit
- THE NUN becomes the highest grossing film in The Conjuring Universe
- ANNABELLE 3 to feature the Warrens’ daughter Judy (Mckenna Grace)
FEATURE TOPIC: Hell Fest
A masked serial killer turns a horror-themed amusement park into his own personal playground, terrorizing a group of friends while the rest of the patrons believe that it is all part of the show.
Director: Gregory Plotkin
Cast: Bex Taylor-Klaus, Reign Edwards, Amy Forsyth
Thanks to Rocky Gray for our killer new HNR theme song
Next Week on HNR: Venom