Strangers: Prey At Night is the sequel no one was anticipating nor wanted. 10 years after the original and with none of the original cast or crew involved? It sounds like something destined to fail. Yet… The Grue Crew may have liked it more than you’d think. Strangers: Prey At Night isn’t the only film on the docket, though. The genre-lite escapades of Thoroughbreds is also up for discussion as genre favorite Anya Taylor Joy joins up with a fellow teen played by Olivia Cooke with sociopathic tendencies. Yet, the true monster may not be who it seems. Plus, there’s a small review for Disney’s big release A Wrinkle In Time, the film that has so much creativity bursting at the seams… but maybe doesn’t come together too well. Dave Dreher is out this week, so Doc Rotten, Thomas Mariani and Yonathan Habtemichael have to take on Horror News of the Week by themselves. There’s plenty of stories of premieres from South By Southwest, a Jake Gyllenhaal horror film coming to Netflix and… Tommy Wiseau as The Joker? What a funny story, Doc. Ha ha ha! Then, Thomas closes things out by unmasking Phantom Factor! It’s a packed night, but worth every second.
As always, the HNR Grue-Crew would love to hear from you, the listeners, the fans. You can always reach out via email at feedback(AT)horrornewsradio(DOT)com or find us on Twitter: Doc Rotten | Dave Dreher | Thomas Mariani. Also, like us on Facebook and join the Horror News Radio Facebook Group.
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK [00:03:39]
- SXSW Recap!
- Nightcrawler Director’s Netflix Horror Film
- Tommy Wiseau is The Joker? ha ha ha
FEATURE REVIEW: Strangers: Prey at Night [00:33:39]
- Strangers: Prey At Night (2018)
- director: Johannes Roberts
- cast: Bailee Madison, Lewis Pullman, Christina Hendricks, Martin Henderson
- Look for Grue Crew members at the FantasticRealm screening of Jaws 3D… in 3D!
- In September, we are looking to return to the Carolina for Friday the 13th 3-D and Amityville 3-D both in glorious 3D. More on this in the coming weeks.
- Be sure to keep up with the Flash Forward Friday Forcast each week on Gruesome Magazine
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING: Thoroughbreds [01:07:20]
- Thoroughbreds (2018)
- director: Corin Finley
- cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Olivia Cooke, Anton Yelchin
SUPPORT HNR [01:44:35]
- Patrons at Patreon who donate as low as $1 can vote for an exclusive HNR podcast and one Decades of Horror episode every month!
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING: A Wrinkle In Time [01:46:38]
- A Wrinkle In Time (2018)
- director: Ava Duvernay
- cast: Storm Reid, Levi Miller, Oprah Winfrey, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine
PHANTOM FACTOR [02:02:42]
- Our Game Show Segment In Which You the Listeners Forge Suggestions For The Grue Crew To Guess!
- This week’s topic: Macabre Mask of Horror
- Those who enter in March will be in contention to win a copy of The Ultimate Guide to Strange Cinema!