Deep within the bowels of Gruesome Magazine headquarters, an elusive ghostly creature lurks. The Grue Crew can’t put their finger on what it is. Some say it’s a Batman style superhero lurking for justice in the corners. Others say it’s a vampire with massive fangs using the evasiveness to further draw you in. Plenty of others just say it’s Doc roaming the halls to the fridge at night. Regardless, this indefinable creature is something many try to figure out. Little do they know that that creature metamorphosizes from week to week. Yes, you the fan choose the form of this creature and The Grue Crew spend the last moments of Horror News Radio trying to guess what it is. All of you forge the… Phantom Factor! Here are the rules:
- I’ll put up a call to action post like this one announcing a topic.
- This topic (The Phantom Factor, as it were) will be based around a favorite horror/genre character, actor, director or even film.
- The listeners will post suggestions in the comments of social media or this very post.
- I will pick three suggestions from those listed.
- On Horror News Radio, I will have list three facts about each mysterious figure that the other Grue Crew members will try to guess. Each fact is in descending order of vagueness.
- Those who guess from the first fact — the vaguest one — will receive three points. Then two points at the second fact. One point at the final. If no one guesses by that point, no one receives any points
- Those who enter will be in contention for a random drawing to win a prize at the end of the month! See below for more details.
This Week’s Topic
Horror News Radio episode 257 is all about Bigfoot. Specifically Oh-Mah, the mysterious creature that haunts the Pacific Northwest. His large fangs and predatory instincts are on full display in Primal Rage along with something else. Along with large feet, Bigfoot is all about the hair. That matted fur is what separates the beast from man. So, in honor of that hair, we’re asking for Great Hair in Horror. Not just hairy fur beasts. I’m talking facial hair and hair atop the head for humans. If it’s furry, it’s a factor. Submit entries by Monday March 5th at 8 pm and you’ll be in contention for March’s prize. Speaking of which…
This Month’s Prize
Our prize for March is a copy of the book The Ultimate Guide to Strange Cinema by Michael Vaughn. This book is a film guide organized by genre, including comedy, horror, action, drama, fantasy, and sci-fi with 300 reviews of genre films from all over the world, 160 photos, and exclusive interviews and quotes from the people behind some of the most offbeat films ever made. If you live in a US address, you’ll be entered in a random drawing to win this lovely book!