The diagnosis for The Grue Crew is a pretty mixed bag. The main topic for this episode of Horror News Radio is Inoperable starring Danielle Harris as a woman wondering an evacuated hospital. Not only does she have to face an oncoming hurricane, Danielle also has to face her time displacement that’s driving her up the wall. Then, The Grue Crew countdown the Most Anticipated Genre Films of 2018. Yes, it’s the other non-horror films of science fiction, fantasy, and superheroes. Still, there’s plenty of weird monsters, gore galore and post-apocalyptic nightmares. Dave Dreher then dispenses Horror News of the Week, with horror Academy Award nominations, a new Steven Soderbergh horror film trailer and the passing of a great horror author. Thomas then wraps up with another edition of Phantom Factor. Award-winning filmmaker Christopher G. Moore is also in for all the fun on an extended Horror News Radio!
As always, the HNR Grue-Crew would love to hear from you, the listeners, the fans. You can always reach out via email at feedback(AT)horrornewsradio(DOT)com or find us on Twitter: Doc Rotten | Dave Dreher | Thomas Mariani. Also, like us on Facebook and join the Horror News Radio Facebook Group.
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK [00:03:07]
- RIP Jack Ketchum
- Get Out and The Shape of Water Rep Horror for Oscar Noms
- Mike Flanagan confirmed to helm Doctor Sleep
- Cloverfield 3 rumors – Netflix debut? Trailer during Super Bowl?
- Trailer debut for Steven Soderbergh’s Unsane leaves you guessing
FEATURE REVIEW: Inoperable [00:32:46]
- Inoperable (2018)
- director: Christopher Lawrence Chapman
- cast: Danielle Harris, Katie Keene, Chris Hahn
- In February, we will be working with the Nevermore Film Festival in Durham, NC to present THE MANITOU on the Big Screen in honor of Santos Ellin Jr. / the Black Saint. The first showing will be on Saturday, February 24th, 2018 at 3:10 pm, which The Grue Crew plan on attending. The second will be on Sunday, February 25th, 2018 at 8:00 pm. Head over here to keep up with this event.
SPECIAL FEATURE: Most Anticipated Genre Films of 2018 [00:58:37]
SUPPORT HNR [02:01:33]
- Patrons at Patreon who donate as low as $1 can vote for an exclusive HNR podcast and one Decades of Horror episode every month!
PHANTOM FACTOR [02:02:55]
- Our Game Show Segment In Which You the Listeners Forge Suggestions For The Grue Crew To Guess!
- This week’s topic: Scariest Hospital Scene
- Thanks to Tear Out the Heart and Victory Records for use of the song Undead Anthem for the intro and outro of the HNR podcast
- HNR & Gruesome Magazine T-Shirts
- Gruesome Magazine 2016 Yearbook
- Gruesome Magazine Spring 2017
- Gruesome Magazine Summer 2017