Deep within the bowels of Gruesome Magazine headquarters, an elusive ghostly creature lurks. The Grue Crew can’t put their finger on what it is. Some say it’s a Batman style superhero lurking for justice in the corners. Others say it’s a vampire with massive fangs using the evasiveness to further draw you in. Plenty of others just say it’s Doc roaming the halls to the fridge at night. Regardless, this indefinable creature is something many try to figure out. Little do they know that that creature metamorphosizes from week to week. Yes, you the fan choose the form of this creature and The Grue Crew spend the last moments of Horror News Radio trying to guess what it is. All of you forge the… Phantom Factor! Here are the rules:
- I’ll put up a call to action post like this one announcing a topic.
- This topic (The Phantom Factor, as it were) will be based around a favorite horror/genre character, actor, director or even film.
- The listeners will post suggestions in the comments of social media or this very post.
- I will pick three suggestions from those listed.
- On Horror News Radio, I will have list three facts about each mysterious figure that the other Grue Crew members will try to guess. Each fact is in descending order of vagueness.
- Those who guess from the first fact — the vaguest one — will receive three points. Then two points at the second fact. One point at the final. If no one guesses by that point, no one receives any points
This Week’s Topic
Our topic for Horror News Radio this week is Inoperable, the story of a young woman (Danielle Harris of the Halloween sequels) who wakes up in a hospital just as a hurricane is about to hit and everyone else has evacuated. Or at least… that’s what she thinks. Hospitals are a pretty common setting for horrific scenes in movies. Empty halls. Dark corridors. Cafeteria food. Disgusting! So, naturally the impulse would be to have a topic set around the idea of Most Horrific Hospital Scene. So, suggest a film title in the comments below or on social media by Monday January 29th at 8:30 pm and we’ll have it in contention for this edition of Phantom Factor!