Hope for the best, expect the worst! That’s The Grue Crew’s motto as Horror News Radio dives head first into The Worst Horror Films of 2017 with special guest Joey Fittos. Each panelist has a fair share of dreck to wade through. There’s talk of Tom Cruise battling wrapped up Egyptians, the latest return to the Amityville House and… whatever the hell Kuso was. What other films made the list? Listen and find out! The Grue Crew also discusses Better Watch Out, the yuletide home invasion thriller. It’s Home Alone with a twist… but maybe not the one you’re thinking of. Plus, there’s still plenty of Horror News of the Week to gab about. Mainly involving the trailer for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, AMC’s historical horror mini-series The Terror and a remake of Romero’s Day of the Dead. What is this world coming to?
As always, the HNR Grue-Crew would love to hear from you, the listeners, the fans. You can always reach out via email at feedback(AT)horrornewsradio(DOT)com or find us on Twitter: Doc Rotten | Dave Dreher | Thomas Mariani. Also, like us on Facebook and join the Horror News Radio Facebook Group.
Horror News Radio
Episode 245 — The Worst Horror Films of 2017 — Better Watch Out
Subscribe — iTunes — Facebook — Stitcher
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK [00:02:50]
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer
- Ready Player One Trailer Is A Pop Culture Petri Dish
- AMC Sails to Ridley Scott’s The Terror in March
- Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark Gets A Director
- Day Of The Dead: Bloodline Trailer
FEATURE REVIEW: BETTER WATCH OUT [00:24:10]
- Better Watch Out (2017)
- director: Chris Peckover
- cast: Olivia DeJonge, Levi Miller, Ed Oxenbould
- It’s December and 2017 is coming to a close. In the coming weeks, we will be doing our popular “Best and Worst of the Year” episodes. We want to hear from you. Head over to here to share your favorite … and not so favorite… films of 2017.
- In February, we will be working with the Nevermore Film Festival in Durham, NC to present THE MANITOU on the Big Screen in honor of Santos Ellin Jr. / the Black Saint. Anyone who can make it to the Festival the weekend of February 23 — 25, 20i18. We will have more details as we get closer to the dates. Head over to gruesomemagazine.com/manitou to keep up with this event.
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING: The Worst Films of 2017 [00:53:18]
FEEDBACK/SUPPORT HNR [01:35:03]
- Patrons who donate as low as $1 can now vote for an upcoming Decades of Horror 1970s on our Patreon Page. Voting ends December 22nd.
- Thanks to Tear Out the Heart and Victory Records for use of the song Undead Anthem for the intro and outro of the HNR podcast
- HNR & Gruesome Magazine T-Shirts
- Gruesome Magazine 2016 Yearbook
- Gruesome Magazine Spring 2017
- Gruesome Magazine Summer 2017