Stump The Saint — Horror News Radio’s weekly game show in which the listeners guide Thomas Mariani to the trivia questions poised to stump Santos “The Black Saint” Ellin Jr. Despite his love of trivia, Santos is capable of being stumped on a weekly basis! As to where the audience comes in to Stump The Saint it’s quite simple:Look at the individual topic for that week
- Look at the individual topic for that week
- Comment — either in this post or in the comments of the posting on Facebook or Twitter — with a film title that relates to the topic for that individual week by the specified date
- Thomas will take your suggested titles and find three of them that can be spun into trivia questions to Stump the Saint
- Thomas will read three of your names on the air as he attempts to stump Santos
- Those who enter a title with US addresses will be entered into a random drawing to win a special prize!
Topic of the Week
On HNR, Doc Rotten gets a lot of crap from Thomas for loving “pretty colors.” Admittedly, he does love those colors. But there’s nothing wrong liking colors! Especially when they can crackle and pop in a genre film like Valerian. In honor of that release, Stump the Saint wants to know Your Prettiest Moment In A Genre Film. Could be a gorgeous shot, especially colorful lighting or an amazing special effect. Just as long as it’s pretty.
Every month, Stump The Saint gives listeners with US addresses the potential to win a special prize. Those who have US addresses — which we’ll mainly try to find out through publically available information on social media sites — will have at the very least a monthly opportunity to win in a random drawing. This month, we’re giving away something pretty dope courtesy of our co-host Dave Dreher! That is a copy of the Dawn of the Dead Official Poster Book. It’s got poster artwork, behind the scenes images and best of all… it’s signed by Tom Savini himself! You’ll have until July 24th at 8:30 pm EST to enter for this week, but any US addresses who enter throughout July will be eligible!