Stump The Saint — Horror News Radio’s weekly game show in which the listeners guide Thomas Mariani to the trivia questions poised to stump Santos “The Black Saint” Ellin Jr. Despite his love of trivia, Santos is capable of being stumped on a weekly basis! As to where the audience comes in to Stump The Saint it’s quite simple:
- Look at the individual topic for that week
- Comment — either in this post or in the comments of the posting on Facebook or Twitter — with a film title that relates to the topic for that individual week by the specified date
- Thomas will take your suggested titles and find three of them that can be spun into trivia questions to Stump the Saint
- Thomas will read three of your names on the air as he attempts to stump Santos
- Those who enter a title with US addresses will be entered into a random drawing to win a special prize!
Topic of the Week
Childhood fears wrack the brain from a young age forward. The innocence of being a kid allows the mind to wander. Wander to the point of turning the seemingly non-horrific into something worse. Our subject for the upcoming HNR episode delves into just that. Rodney Ascher (Room 237, The Nightmare) is looking into pop culture based childhood fears for Primal Screen, Shudder’s first example of new TV content. That’s why – for Stump The Saint – we want to know What Horror Film Scared You The Most as a Child.
Every month, Stump The Saint gives listeners with US addresses the potential to win a special prize. Those who have US addresses — which we’ll mainly try to find out through publically available information on social media sites — will have at the very least a monthly opportunity to win in a random drawing. This month, we’re giving away something pretty sweet. A physical copy of our Gruesome Magazine Spring 2017 Edition! Filled with articles from various Gruesome Magazine contributors, there’s so much packed into one single edition! Even the titular demon of Stump The Saint has something written in here. Those with US addresses have until June 26th at 8:30 pm EST to contribute for this week. Keep in mind, this is your last opportunity to be in contention for this particular prize, as it’s the last full weekend of June!