Stump The Saint – Horror News Radio’s weekly game show in which the listeners guide Thomas Mariani to the trivia questions poised to stump Santos “The Black Saint” Ellin Jr. Despite his love of trivia, Santos is capable of being stumped on a weekly basis! As to where the audience comes in to Stump The Saint it’s quite simple:
- Look at the individual topic for that week
- Comment – either in this post or in the comments of the posting on Facebook or Twitter – with a film title that relates to the topic for that individual week by the specified date
- Thomas will take your suggested titles and find three of them that can be spun into trivia questions to Stump the Saint
- Thomas will read three of your names on the air as he attempts to stump Santos
- Those who enter a title with US addresses will be entered into a random drawing to win a special prize!
Topic for the Week
This week marks the release of The Mummy, the Tom Cruise actioner that just so happens to feature a mummy? Well, it has to have monsters in it. After all, this is the start of the Dark Universe. Universal’s modern attempt to turn their classic monsters of the early 20th century into their own Marvel franchise. A “Monster Cinematic Universe” if you will. We’re promised the likes of The Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll, The Bride of Frankenstein and a host of other ghoulies.
However, Stump The Saint isn’t interested in just the usual Universal Monsters meeting up. We want to know what other monsters we can cull together. So, the topic for this week’s Stump The Saint is What Monsters Outside Of Universal Should Join the Dark Universe. Think outside of the Draculas and Phantoms of Operas. We want to hear about monsters who haven’t fought before fighting against each other in a grand battle!
Every month, Stump The Saint gives listeners with US addresses the potential to win a special prize. Those who have US addresses – which we’ll mainly try to find out through publically available information on social media sites – will have at the very least a monthly opportunity to win in a random drawing. This month, we’re giving away something pretty sweet. A physical copy of our Gruesome Magazine Spring 2017 Edition! Filled with articles from various Gruesome Magazine contributors, there’s so much packed into one single edition! Even the titular demon of Stump The Saint has something written in here. Those with US addresses have until June 12th at 8:30 pm EST to contribute for this week.