Stump The Saint — Horror News Radio’s weekly game show in which the listeners guide Thomas Mariani to the trivia questions poised to stump Santos “The Black Saint” Ellin Jr. Despite his love of trivia, Santos is capable of being stumped on a weekly basis! As to where the audience comes in to Stump The Saint it’s quite simple:
- Look at the individual topic for that week
- Comment — either in this post or in the comments of the posting on Facebook or Twitter — with a film title that relates to the topic for that individual week by the specified date
- Thomas will take your suggested titles and find three of them that can be spun into trivia questions
- Thomas will read three of your names on the air as he attempts to stump Santos
- Those who enter a title with US addresses will be entered into a random drawing to win a special prize!
Topic for the Week
Our subject for Horror News Radio Episode 214 is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the latest entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. James Gunn’s latest shows us another side of the characters we grew to love from the original film. One key element of this that returns is the Awesome Mix, a mixtape collection of songs that mean a lot to Peter Quill. Now, the titular subject Stump The Saint is no stranger to eclectic collections of songs. After all, he owns an iPod full of random beloved tunes.
So, we want to get a bit musical here at Stump The Saint. Don’t worry; neither Santos or Thomas will actually be singing. No, instead they’re going to be curious about your own musical taste. For this week’s topic, we want to know What Song Or Score Track from a Genre Film Would Be On Your Awesome Mix. It could be something specifically written for the film or a pre existing song recontextualized to fit within the genre film of your choice.
Every month, Stump The Saint gives listeners with US addresses the potential to win a special prize. Those who have US addresses — which we’ll mainly try to find out through publically available information on social media sites — will have at the very least a monthly opportunity to win in a random drawing. This month – like last month – we’ve got a special prize DVD or Blu ray (your preference) for you! The Black Saint himself has a vast array of titles in his collection and he’s willing to get you a copy straight from Amazon! The list will be announced in the coming weeks. You’ll have until May 8th at 8:30 pm EST to submit your answer and be in contention to win one of five blu-rays or DVDs Santos shall send to you!