Stump The Saint – Horror News Radio’s weekly game show in which the listeners guide Thomas Mariani to the trivia questions poised to stump Santos “The Black Saint” Ellin Jr. Despite his love of trivia, Santos is capable of being stumped on a weekly basis! As to where the audience comes in to Stump The Saint, it’s quite simple:
- Look at the individual topic for that week
- Comment – either in this post or in the comments of the posting on Facebook or Twitter – with a film title that relates to the topic for that individual week by the specified date
- Thomas will take your suggested titles and find three of them that can be spun into trivia questions
- Thomas will read three of your names on the air as he attempts to stump Santos
- Those who enter a title with US addresses will be entered into a random drawing to win a special prize!
Topic for The Week
For the upcoming 208th edition of Horror News Radio, the big title for discussion is Life. With the major leads of Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds, Life follows a group of astronauts on the International Space station uncovering what may be the first evidence of life on Mars, but turns out to be even worse than they could have imagined. In case you couldn’t tell, this seems a bit… familiar. To the point where we might be expecting a Xenomorph to pop out of Reynolds’ abs?
So, in honor of what seems to be a rip off of a classic horror, Stump The Saint wants to know your Favorite Genre Rip Off Film. Think in the headspace of Carnosaur to Jurassic Park. Alien vs Hunter to Alien vs Predator. Mac and Me to E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial. Make sure to spotlight both the rip off film and the film it’s liberally stealing from.
Every month, Stump The Saint gives listeners with US addresses the potential to win a special prize. Those who have US addresses – which we’ll mainly try to find out through publically available information on social media sites – will have at the very least a monthly opportunity to win in a random drawing. However, to finish off our prize that’s been given away throughout March, we are giving away a blu ray copy of the film Night of Something Strange signed by director Jonathan Straiton every single week! So, this is your final chance to win a lovely blu ray edition of film straight from the source. Remember: US addresses only and you must be 18 or older to receive this particular graphic film.