The Grue-crew follow director Marcus Dunstan and writer Patrick Melton across the yard to visit The Neighbor, the latest feature from the team behind The Collector and The Collection. This go around Josh Stewart faces the horrors of Bill Engvall as the evil next door. Alex Essoe co-stars as Stewart’s love interest and Luke Edwards is one of Engvall’s disturbed offspring. The film is currently available on DVD and VOD.
After a summer of huge horror hits, The Disappointments Room sneaks into theaters this past weekend. By Sunday it pulled a “Morgan” flopping at the box office in a major way. Thomas and Doc share their thoughts on the Kate Beckinsale vehicle discussing what works and everything that sinks…and stinks. And just what did happen to Lucas Till? Who knows.
Dave begin the show with the Horror News of the Week discussing a variety of items about Creepshow 2 getting a Blu-ray release, Carrie celebrates 40 years with a killer prom and TIFF gets some serious press. Doc and Gruesome Magazine writer Paul Cardullo are heading to Wreak Havoc Film Festival in Greensboro, North Carolina this late September/early October. Another announcement for the fall is that Horror News Radio will be at Spooky Empire in Orlando, Florida, October 7 – 9, 2016. Oh, boy! Plan your trip now.
Co-hosts Doc Rotten, Santos (The Black Saint) Ellin Jr., Dave Dreher and Thomas Mariani are back again this week to give you the best in horror as they recap, review and obliterate all that is horror this week! Oh, and don’t forget – Stump the Saint! (Brought to you by Gruesome Magazine)
Feature Review: The Neighbor (2016)
Not long ago director Marcus Dunstan and writer Patrick Melton were set to do the reboot of the Halloween franchise until suddenly the entire project changed hands. This left fans of the demented pair wondering what they would do next. What we didn’t know was that they had ALREADY completed their next project. Woot! That project is The Neighbor with Josh Stewart, Bill Engvall, and Alex Essoe. The Grue-Crew dive into the tale of terror and horror…and neighbors with secrets best left uncovered.
What Have You Been Watching: The Disappointments Room (2016)
The grue-crew knew things were not going to go well with The Disappointments Room when we began texted each other on a Friday stating “Hey, guess what came out in the theaters today!” With little promotion and even less fan fair, D.J. Caruso’s film starring Kate Beckinsale landing in cineplexes across the country failing to make a dent in the weekend box office. Thomas and Doc share their thoughts on the film with some indication that we may be discussing again toward the end of the year on a not-so-favorable list. Uh, oh…
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE
- [00:00:41] Introduction of the Grue-crew
- [00:02:26] Announcements
- [00:02:51] Wreak Havoc Horror Film Festival
- [00:03:09] Knoxville Horror Film Festival
- [00:04:40] Horror News of the Week
- [00:05:10] Arrow Video announced Blu-ray release of Creepshow 2
- [00:08:19] The Toxic Avenger remake lands a director, Conrad Vernon
- [00:14:15] Scream Factory plans a massive Carrie Prom for its 40th Anniversary
- [00:17:00] TIFF buzz includes The Belko Experiment, Colossal and A Monster Calls
- [00:22:07] Tales Of Poe gets a release date and new trailer
- [00:24:39] Feature Review: The Neighbor (2016)
- [00:51:50] What Have You Been Watching: The Disappointments Room (2016)
- [01:14:54] Support HNR w/ Patreon
- [01:15:30] HNR is Heading to Spooky Empire
- [01:17:32] Stump the Saint