This week on HNR, Vixen, the voice of reason, selects the feature review: the VOD release of EMELIE from director Michael Thelin. And, yes, she does the podcast proud! The Grue-crew weigh in on this character driven thriller that turns the “babysitter in peril” sub-genre on its ear as Sarah Bolger enters a family’s home with a twisted agenda.
Dave drives the HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK segment sharing information about Rob Zombie’s latest music video, Indiana Jones returning to the big screen and the passing of Dr. Giggles himself, Larry Drake. In addition, the Grue-Crew announce a new giveaway teaming up with Anchor Bay Entertainment with Fear the Walking Dead The Complete First Season Special Edition.
Co-hosts Doc Rotten, Santos (The Black Saint) Ellin Jr., Dave Dreher, Thomas Mariani and Vixen, the voice of reason, are back again this week to give you the best in horror as they recap, review and obliterate all that is horror this week! Oh, and don’t forget – Stump the Saint! (Brought to you by Anchor Bay Entertainment)
- Featured Review: Emelie (2016)
A couple’s replacement babysitter turns out to be more than they bargained for when she subjects their kids to a series of twisted activities.
- d. Michael Thelin
- w. Richard Raymond, Harry Herbeck
- c. Sarah Bolger, Carly Adams, Carl Bailey
- The Black Saint (3.5 / 5)
- Thomas Mariani (3.5 / 5)
- Doc Rotten (2.5 / 5)
- Vixen (3.8 / 5)
- Dave Dreher (2.8 / 5)
- Contest: Anchor Bay Entertainment Presents Fear the Walking Dead Season 1 The Complete Season Special Edition
- Support HNR: Patreon & Horror T-Shirts
- Horror News of the Week: 03/14/2016
- RIP Larry Drake (Darkman, Dr. Giggles)
- Killer Clowns from Outer Space are heading to TV
- Rob Zombie releases video for his latest single and it is unusual…
- Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford confirm Indiana Jones will return for a 5th film
- When good pastries go bad…Attack of the Killer Donuts!
- Stump the Saint: w/ prizes supplied Anchor Bay Entertainment
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 1 The Complete Season Special Edition