Award winning director, Christopher G. Moore, joins the Grue-crew to discuss the box-office record breaking film from J.J. Abrams, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Doc and Christopher share their love for the films while Dave, Thomas and the Black Saint are less impressed siting it as being too similar to A New Hope. They still call the film a hit, however, being more engaged with the new characters of Finn (John Boyega), Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver). The practical effects get a huge thumbs up as well – with BB8 getting much love – and the CGI space battles are highlights for the crew. It should be noted that this episode is HEAVY on the spoilers, so be warned.
Before the excitement starts, Christopher shares his weekend experience with the film which includes being interviewed by a local new team and seeing the film a whopping Eleven times from Thursday through Saturday. For those who are less enthusiastic about HNR covering Non-Horror films, be sure to return next week for the Best Horror Films of 2015.
Co-hosts Doc Rotten, Santos (The Black Saint) Ellin Jr., Dave Dreher, Thomas Mariani and Vixen, the voice of reason, are back again this week to give you the best in horror as they recap, review and obliterate all that is horror this week! Oh, and don’t forget – Stump the Saint! (Brought to you by Diabolique Magazine)
- Featured Review: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
- Director: J.J. Abrams
- Writers: Abrams w/ Lawrence Kasdan and Michael Arndt
- Cast: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Domhnall Gleeson, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow w/ Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Gwendoline Christie
- Support HNR: Patreon & Horror T-Shirts
- Stump the Saint: w/ prizes supplied by Diabolique Magazine