Virtual events are all the rage now – and never one to be left out of the fun, Blumhouse has announced an event all their own – and some of the most anticipated horror projects in the pipeline are coming from the hallowed halls of Jason Blum.
Halloween Kills, Freaky, Craft: The Legacy, Welcome To The Blumhouse – all of these high profile genre projects will have a spot at the Blumfest. You know you want to be a part of it – and you can – and it’s only a few days away. The press release reveals all the info you need.
“This year has sidelined a lot for all of us, but Halloween is a treasured season at Blumhouse, so we conceived BlumFest to celebrate with our fans via a virtual event that will feature exclusive interviews and never-before-seen footage on an upcoming release or two,” said Jason Blum, Blumhouse CEO & founder.
Hosted and moderated by Jacqueline Coley, editor at Rotten Tomatoes, BlumFest 2020 will feature news announcements and virtual panels with the cast and filmmakers from the following Blumhouse projects:
- Welcome to the Blumhouse – Join Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios and Jason Blum for a lively conversation about the successful collaboration between Amazon and Blumhouse on the recently launched films, The Lie, Nocturne, Evil Eye and Black Box. Mamoudou Athie from the film Black Box will join the conversation, along with surprise guests for an announcement or two. The four films are available to stream on Amazon Prime Video now. #WelcomeToTheBlumhouse #BlumFest2020
- The Craft: Legacy – Writer / director Zoe Lister Jones and her film’s coven, stars Cailee Spaeny, Gideon Adlon, Lovie Simone, and Zoey Luna have a bewitching chat about continuing the original film cult hit and reveal secrets from the set. The film is set for an Wednesday, October 28 (midnight EST) release on PVOD and EST in North America, with a planned theatrical release in select international countries. #TheCraft #BlumFest2020
- Freaky – Writer / director Chris Landon; stars Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton; and producer Jason Blum talk about the highly anticipated body swapping horror comedy that will arrive in theaters on Friday, November 13 in the US and in select international markets. #FreakyMovie #BlumFest2020
- Halloween Kills – Writer / director David Gordon Green; actress and icon Jamie Lee Curtis; franchise producer Malek Akkad from Trancas Films; producer Bill Block from Miramax; and producer Jason Blum convene to talk about the upcoming film’s October 2021 release. #HalloweenKills #BlumFest2020
- The Good Lord Bird – Executive producer, writer and star, Ethan Hawke, of the critically acclaimed series, and series executive producer Jason Blum discuss their most recent collaboration, which is currently airing on Showtime. #TheGoodLordBird #BlumFest2020
Super easy to drop in and take part in this virtual Blumhouse lovefest – it all goes down on Thursday, October 29 at 10am PT on the Blumhouse YouTube channel or their Facebook page. Please note that the start time is in West Coast time so make sure to adjust your tune in time for whatever part of the country your in.
See ya there!