J.J. Abrams and HULU join forces to build upon the themes and characters created by Stephen King in the 10 episode TV series CASTLE ROCK. For this episode of HNR, the Grue-Crew take a look at the first two hours of the show, “Severance” and “Habeas Corpus,” introducing “an epic saga of darkness and light” in the small town of Castle Rock, Maine. Join Dave Dreher, Doc Rotten, Christopher G. Moore, and Vanessa Thompson as we discuss the first episodes of HULU’S CASTLE ROCK created by Sam Shaw and Dustin Thomason.
Henry Deaver, a death-row attorney, confronts his dark past when an anonymous call lures him back to his hometown of Castle Rock, Maine.
Henry gets a new client at Shawshank Prison.
- André Holland as Henry Matthews Deaver
- Melanie Lynskey as Molly Strand
- Bill Skarsgård as “The Kid”
- Jane Levy as Jackie Torrance
- Sissy Spacek as Ruth Deaver
- Scott Glenn as Alan Pangborn
- Noel Fisher as Dennis Zalewski
- Ann Cusack as Warden T. Porter
- Chris Coy as Boyd
- Terry O’Quinn as Dale Lacy
- Frances Conroy as Martha Lacy.
- Josh Cooke as Reeves
- Charlie Tahan as Dean Merrill
- Adam Rothenberg as Reverend Matthew Deaver
- Chosen Jacobs as Wendell Deaver
- Allison Tolman as Molly Strand’s sister