The Grue Crew and guest Vanessa Thompson are stuck in the swamps of Louisiana with Victor Crowley hot on their tails. That’s right! Horror News Radio is returning to the Hatchet franchise to see what slasher kills and laughs writer/director Adam Green has in store. The gore and guffaws continue from there as the slasher genre get a young feminine perspective with Tragedy Girls. The 80s slashers have bred the Generation Z killers who slice for the followers. Then, Dave Dreher settles in for Horror News of the Week with stories of a Child’s Play series, Chris Columbus taking on Five Nights at Freddy’s and Metallica’s James Hetfield catching Ted Bundy. Thomas then closes it all out with a Phantom Factor all about Significant Slashers. Listen and fall to pieces!
As always, the HNR Grue-Crew would love to hear from you, the listeners, the fans. You can always reach out via email at feedback(AT)horrornewsradio(DOT)com or find us on Twitter: Doc Rotten | Dave Dreher | Thomas Mariani. Also, like us on Facebook and join the Horror News Radio Facebook Group.
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK [00:02:45]
- Child’s Play TV series on the way
- Chris Columbus takes the lead in bringing Five Nights At Freddy’s to the big screen
- Metallica’s James Hetfield joins cast of Ted Bundy biopic Extremely Wicked
- Venom trailer Shows little Venom
- Classic 80’s mini-series V returning as a trilogy of feature films
FEATURE REVIEW: Victor Crowley [00:27:00]
- Victor Crowley (2018)
- director/writer: Adam Green
- cast: Parry Shen, Kane Hodder, Laura Ortiz, Dave Sheridan, Krystal Joy Brown, Felissa Rose, Tiffany Shepis
- In February, we will be working with the Nevermore Film Festival in Durham, NC to present THE MANITOU on the Big Screen in honor of Santos Ellin Jr. / the Black Saint. The first showing will be on Saturday, February 24th, 2018 at 3:10 pm, which The Grue Crew plan on attending. The second will be on Sunday, February 25th, 2018 at 8:00 pm. Head over here to keep up with this event.
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING: Tragedy Girls [00:50:13]
- Tragedy Girls (2017)
- director: Tyler MacIntyre
- cast: Brianna Hildebrand, Alexandra Shipp, Jack Quaid, Kevin Durand, Craig Robinson
SUPPORT HNR [01:17:19]
- Patrons at Patreon who donate as low as $1 can vote for an exclusive HNR podcast and one Decades of Horror episode every month!
PHANTOM FACTOR [01:19:01]
- Our Game Show Segment In Which You the Listeners Forge Suggestions For The Grue Crew To Guess!
- This week’s topic: Significant Slashers
- Those who enter in February have the chance to win a Horror Pack for March!
- Thanks to Tear Out the Heart and Victory Records for use of the song Undead Anthem for the intro and outro of the HNR podcast