Stump The Saint – Horror News Radio’s weekly game show in which the listeners guide Thomas Mariani to the trivia questions poised to stump Santos “The Black Saint” Ellin Jr. Despite his love of trivia, Santos is capable of being stumped on a weekly basis! As to where the audience comes in to Stump The Saint it’s quite simple:
- Look at the individual topic of the week
- Comment – either in this post or in the comments of the posting on Facebook or Twitter – with a film title that relates to the topic for that individual week by the specified date
- Thomas will take your suggested titles and find three of them that can be spun into trivia questions to Stump the Saint
- Thomas will read three of your names on the air as he attempts to stump Santos
- Those who enter a title with US addresses will be entered into a random drawing to win a special prize!
Topic Of The Week
The idea of having the power of the Death Note is pretty horrifying. A book that could kill by simply writing a person’s name in it is disturbing to say the least. Now imagine who could be behind it. What source of terror could be the one guiding people to their untimely demise? That’s why Stump the Saint is asking all of you Which Horror Movie Character Would Do the Most Damage With the Death Note?
Stump The Saint loves to giveaway physical media. Even in its dying times, blu rays are pretty damn packed these days. Filled with extras and gorgeous quality, these pieces of media are so wonderful that sometimes Santos Ellin Jr overdoes it. To the point where he has excess copies that can’t fit into his collection. So, he wants to give on away to a lucky HNR fan. The films available are a diverse and interesting array of motion pictures. First, 1984’s Streets of Fire, a dark musical odyssey with Willem Dafoe in an early creepy role. Then, there’s 1973’s Blackenstein, a blaxploitation cash grab on Blacula that has to be seen in HD to be believed. Finally, we have James Gunn’s Slither from 2006. A horrific display of practical effects, gore and Michael Rooker’s face. One lucky US listener who submits to Stump the Saint throughout August will be able to pick from one of these three. You have until Monday August 28th at 8:30 pm EST to submit for this particular week, so get cracking!