Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016), the first standalone Star Wars film (not counting those Ewok movies nor the Star Wars Holiday Special), now has official Digital HD and Blu-ray release dates. You can grab it on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere starting on March 24, 2017. For those wanting physical media, it is available on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD starting April 4, 2017. April 4 is also when it will become available for On-Demand rentals.
In case you have forgotten just how much you want to own this movie, here is a new trailer:
As expected, the discs and digital copies look to be loaded with great extras:
FEATURE RUN TIME:
Approximately 133 min.
PG-13 in U.S.; PG in CE; G in CF
Blu-ray 3D Feature Film = 2.39:1
Blu-ray Feature Film = 2.39:1
DVD Feature Film = 2.39:1
Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD = English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio Language Tracks
English, French & Spanish
English SDH, French & Spanish
Bonus features include*:
- A Rogue Idea — Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept — and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel — Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy — Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance, and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid — Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills — Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary — Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire — Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” — The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor — See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” — as well as one of her most memorable foes— — back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues — Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections — Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Announced today on The Star Wars Show and StarWars.com, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” will be coming home on Digital HD on March 24th and Blu-ray on April 4th. This news comes on the heels of the start of production announcement of the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story. “Rogue One” has established its place within the Star Wars universe and the hearts of moviegoers, becoming the seventh highest-grossing film of all time in the U.S.
Arriving early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on March 24, and on Blu-rayâ„¢ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on April 4, the release includes never-before-seen “Rogue One” bonus material that will take fans behind the scenes with the movie’s diverse, dynamic cast and inspired team of filmmakers. An intimate collection of stories reveals how the film came to life, as well as hidden Easter Eggs and film facts that audiences may have missed in the theater.